6.13.2012

crazy sometimes = stubborn


i'm pretty sure i'm not thinking straight. and even though i'm aware of that, i've decided to push through to do what is probably a fairly crazy idea. i've been knitting a fair bit of gifts lately. nope, not christmas.. (though i probably should start)... baby gifts.
and earlier this week... my hubby mentioned he's got a friend at work who's wife is expecting.. and they're already a week overdue... sooo technically, i've got time to knit something up right?
..in fingering weight yarn?.... oh. did i mention that i decided on a cardi? what the heck!!!

i've always loved the look of this cardi. the pattern is the maile sweater by nikki van de car. and it's so beautiful!



i'll knit this in knit picks stroll tonal. in springtime green. i hope i can get it to look as nice as my pal misocraftyknits' version.


clearly i'm insane.. but that's fine. i've accepted it.
besides, the size says for 3 months. and many of the projects i've looked at on ravelry seemed to have completed this project in decent time.. maybe i could just drink more caffeine and do it faster?

thing is. i don't even have the skein wound yet. so i'm gonna truck on over to the cloth castle to get that done today... and just go ahead and cast on. thank goodness the knitting is portable.. the kiddo can play and play at the park :)

tell me i can do this. ok? your cheerleading will surely make me knit faster. and i'll appreciate it.

brought to you by an over-caffeinated,  overly-zealous, crazy knitter. what crazy projects are you working on today? i'm pouring another cuppa. want need one?xo

10 comments:

  1. You can totally do it! Just don't think about how crazy it is. Baby sweaters (even in fingering weight yarn) always go faster than I think they will. Probably because they're so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's totally true! i've already seperated for the sleeves on the sunnyside! thank goodness babies are little :) xo

      Delete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :)

    Not only are you a speedy knitter, but this pattern is so easy peasy and really small that I'm sure you can get it whipped up within a few days. I think it took me about 4 days to knit? Just keep an eye out and count your stitches when you join your sleeves to your body. On my first one I think I was off by a few stitches cause I didn't pay attention to my marker placement. :p

    But you can do it Rebecca!! ♥ Knit in that green colourway, it's going to look so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yippee! i'm gonna cast on today :) just got back from winding the skein. i'm already trying to decide what i'll do with the leftover yarn. i'm SURE i'll have some.

      Delete
  3. I decided yesterday that I needed to knit something for my oldest's teacher. School gets out on Friday. I will get my project done and so will you.

    Of course I'm knitting a hat, on DK. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can do it too! yippee for last minute gifts. we are awesome that way :) what pattern are you using? xo

      Delete
  4. You sound completely motivated (not crazy) and that's half the battle, right? I've admired that cardigan for ages and I'm sure you'll enjoy knitting it so much that you won't even realize how fast it's flying off your needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely motivated sounds much better. i like that :) so far i'm loving knitting the cardigan! you should give it a try! xo

      Delete
  5. 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate ... !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahah and now i've got that song chanting in my head. :) xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...