2.21.2013

colours in the grey

is it really thursday already? it might only be me, but the weeks are seriously flying by! february has certainly been a busy month for me! though i'm so looking forward to the spring! so here's a little springtime crush i have for you:


you know, so we can all start planning our brighter and lighter knits and crochet projects!


though truth be told, today it's cold, raining, and windy here...
at any rate, it's a good day to cuddle up with yarn and needle, or hook :) because before we know it, spring will be here in full force and we'll be wondering what to make. never fear.. there are heaps of projects for the warmer weather! but my fave today is this lovely little crochet flag bunting! isn't it the most adorable? yeah. it is.

what are you creating today? i'd love to hear about it! xo

12 comments:

  1. I'm not making anything today but I just have to say that I LOVE that crochet blanket above! Lovely colours! I love Spring! Hope your February is just as lovely :) You know how to brighten it anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kimberly! xoxo i'm totally digging those colours too :) have a fantastic day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It is horribly cold today isn't it? I so wish I was at home doing something creative then being stuck behind my desk at work! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boo yes. but you should get yourself a nice cuppa and plan your project for when you get home this evening. it's supposed to be windy! nothing better than cozy-ing up with yarn tonight. xo

      Delete
  3. So, I've just been asked to teach a beginners' knit night for my Mom's Group-- I've been following your blog for a while, and noticed that you teach some classes--any suggestions for where to begin with a group of beginners? I'm thinking worsted weight on some larger needles-- size 10 ish? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! -Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mary beth! congrats on being asked to teach! it's so fun, and very rewarding! for a beginners class, i usually teach a scarf . basic casting on, and stockinette stitch. and yes. big needles are good. we actually use a 10mm in my class! have lots of fun! can't wait to hear how it all goes! xo

      Delete
    2. Have you thought about following Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop? She starts with a hat in the round. It's brilliant, not too big - lots of options and about worsted weight wool. I love that book.

      Delete
    3. that's an excellent idea! EZ has always had wonderful patterns! xo

      Delete
  4. I just love that little bunting - I think I may have to adorn my mantlepiece with some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesssssss i've had buntings on the brain as well ;) xo

      Delete
  5. funny, I have been looking at crochet patterns as well. Mainly because you can crochet such pretty little flowers. I guess I have spring on the brain as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes i love that though!! and besides, nothing says spring like bright crocheted flowers, right? xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...