6.25.2014

a new F.O!

I have a new F.O to share with you!



These socks are from Wendy D. Johnson's book Socks from the Toe Up. They're the diagonal lace socks. I found the pattern so easy to memorize and the outcome is really so lovely!


I used my 2.0mm /US 0 hiya hiya sharps. oh my goodness, I love these needles! I love both of my addi sock rockets and these hiya hiya's. though the join I like more on the hiya hiya's. so smooth!!

The yarn you see is sweet georgia cashluxe fine in cayenne.



Oh how I love them! When I first started the socks with sarah KAL I wondered if I'd get any socks done. Pretty pessimistic, I know but I was trying to be realistic too. I have heaps to knit during the week before I can concentrate on gift knitting and lastly selfish knitting.
However, the idea of working a little here and a little there on socks has paid off! I have to admit, I love the idea of always having a pair of socks on the needles! Gotta love the easy to grab, easy to tote, potato chip knitting. ;)

Now the big question is, which to cast on next?! xo

8 comments:

  1. I love that pattern. I was going to try it next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay! i can't wait to see it!! what colour will you knit it in?

      Delete
  2. I want to try toe-up socks, but just haven't gotten around to it.
    Sweet Georgia yarn is amazing - so lovely to work with. I'm sure those socks are very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UBER comfy! i love them. I was surprised at how easy toe-up socks are. I really do like this method! xo

      Delete
  3. Just amazing! what a treat for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love them! i think it's SO important to do a little bit of selfish knitting.. hey? xo

      Delete
  4. Oh my! And in that luxe yarn! I'm still not much of a sock knitter but I looove wearing them! These are especially beautiful in that fall color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i'm so pleased with the outcome! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...