7.11.2014

hello weekend!

Is it Friday already???

Man! It's been a busy week here. I knit 18 items for work knitting, and I've made excellent progress on gift knitting. Of course, with only weeks away from our family reunion in Ontario, I'm discovering some of the cutest stuffie patterns, and I'm wanting to knit all of my nieces and nephews one. Ha. That's crazypants. I wonder if I can do it?

But let me tell you of my weekend plans. We'll keep ourselves occupied getting the tent trailer ready for camping, mostly. Oh, and with this heat wave we're experiencing out here, I've promised Owen a beach day.


I mostly hope we find the time to relax this weekend. I feel like our family badly needs it. I know I do! I like to maintain a very busy schedule... we usually have a few things going on every day. But lately I feel fairly unmotivated. Namely in my training schedule. Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm training for a half marathon! My first! But for some reason this week, I'm really struggling with lacing up. I have a 13k run that needs to be done by the end of this weekend, and I'm determined to do it, however I wish it wasn't such a mental battle for me this week.

photo cred: Susanne Sagmeister Photography.

So I think what our family really needs is a bit of a rest. At least as much as we can grab throughout the weekend. We'll still prep the trailer, because it's exciting, and we'll head to the beach...
I plan on packing a picnic and my knitting!

I'd love to hear what your weekend plans are! Is it extremely warm where you are? How are you staying cool? What's on your needles? xo

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That's awesome on the work knitting. Sure beats my 7 1/2 pairs of mitts, which is shy of my 10 pair goal.

    There are so many great stuffie patterns out there but I haven't tried any yet. It's in the que.

    We are beating the by spending a lot of time at the neighborhood spray park whichb is a two minute walk from the house.

    Have a happy weekend!!

    I'd love to see the work knitting items.

    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh so great that you get to be so close to a spray park! that's awesome! the particular stuffie that caught my eye is: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bunny-girl-in-a-dotty-dress SO cute!!!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Hey, I've been wondering what all your work knitting is? Custom pieces? I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...