8.28.2014

a sweater for ME!

I do recall promising you pics of a new F.O. 
Remember this?? It's my summer sweater knit along project of this year!! I have so missed knitting garments! The last sweater I knit for myself was LAST YEAR PEOPLE. That's just too long ago. 


This was actually done on the first day of my vacation. Haha. It's funny that I even brought it with me to work on, as there was only about half an hour's worth left of work to do on it. But that's ok. It came in handy, because there were a few chilly evenings in Ontario while we were there.

I am really starting to look forward to the chill of a fall morning. Fall really is one of my favourite times of the year, and I know I'll be reaching for this sweater heaps!




So.. the deets:

yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in colour Crush. - I used just under 4 skeins. 
needle: 6.5mm/US 10.5 
            8.00mm/US 11
size knit: 36


As with all the other times I've knit this pullover, it knit up like a breeze. Honestly, it practically flew off the needles!
I think that the wool of the andes bulky is an excellent substitute yarn. It worked up great, and I love the stitch definition! I'll most definitely use it again. The only mods I made to the pattern is that I knit a full round in between the raglan increase rounds. 


Of course with this being the end of August, this sweater will sure be a fave of mine in my fall wardrobe. How have you been doing with your sweater knitting? I can't wait to cast on another sweater!! 

Tell me, what's on your needles? Are you reaching for the bulky yarns yet? xo

8 comments:

  1. she's a beauty!
    hooray for another great sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I really do love this pattern. I'm already thinking of another colour to knit it in! xo

      Delete
  2. Bulky yarn projects are fantastic! Love the colour....though I am not looking forward to fall, I can imagine that you can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help it. :) I have a thing for fall!! And I absolutely agree, a quick bulky knit is so good for the soul! xo

      Delete
  3. Wow, Rebecca! It's fantastic on you! I think Oatmeal is the perfect design for a fun, bright yarn color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle!! I've found myself already picking out different colours for more! Lol.

      Delete
  4. It's bright and beautiful! I'm going to try to wrap up at least two of my sweaters in the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ness!! Yay for completing sweaters!! So excited to see some pics!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...